Deadline: 21 October 2016
Miller Center for Social Entrepreneurship is inviting social entrepreneurs for Global Social Benefit Institute Accelerator Program in order to address the problems of poverty, empower women, and build resilience to climate change.
The program is inviting specifically social enterprises that are helping communities adapt to the damaging effects of climate disruption — Climate Resilience — and women-led social enterprises or enterprises serving women — or Women Rising.
- Climate Resilience: advancing social enterprises that are helping communities adapt to the damaging effects of climate disruption that are already under way.
- Women Rising: advance women in two ways:
- developing strong pipelines of investment-ready, women-led social enterprises and
- helping social enterprises better serve women
- Social Impact Assessment: There are many different forms of impact:
- transparently measuring
- reporting the impact of a social enterprise and the success of the Miller Center
- In-depth mentoring from Silicon Valley executives for the duration of the program
- Strengthened business model
- Refined business plan
- Financial plan for scaling
- Organizational development
- Talent management
- Operational excellence at scale
- Leaders of for-profit, non-profit, or hybrid enterprises
- Social impact-based mission
- Operational with tested business model
- Seeking investment
- Preparing to scale impact
- A compelling business model
- Metrics provide proof that impact model has desired social impact
- Evidence that customers receive value of the product/service and are willing to use or pay (as appropriate) for it
- Financial statements that document investments, revenue, and expenses to date
- Impact & Business Model
- Marketing & Sales
- Operations Model
- Management & Team
- Financials using the Stage Assessment Tool
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit this link.