Applications are now open for the Healthcare Foundation of La Porte (HFL) Grant Program for empowering residents to live healthy and well within La Porte County.
HFL identifies health as “a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity” as defined by the World Health Organization. They recognize that wellness is the “active process through which people become aware of, and make choices toward, a more successful existence.” The six dimensions of wellness are emotional, occupational, physical, social, intellectual, and spiritual as developed by the National Wellness Institute.
Types of Grants
- Strategic Grants: Grants of any amount that address specific board-approved major community needs with a defined impact on health and wellness.
- Healthy Living Goal: Residents in La Porte County are healthy and well, can access nutritious foods, and enjoy active living.
- Healthy Children Goal: Children in La Porte County are healthy, well, and safe.
- Healthy Minds Goal: Residents of La Porte County experience positive mental health and can access support and treatment for mental health disorders, including substance use disorder.
- Responsive Grants: Their goals for Healthy La Porte grants are:
- Expanding successful existing programs that improve the health and wellness of the residents of the City of La Porte and surrounding areas.
- Attracting new initiatives to attend health and wellness needs identified within the City of La Porte and surrounding areas.
- Creating collaborations to better attend health and wellness needs identified within the City of La Porte and surrounding areas.
- Healthy Partner Grants: Their goals for Healthy Partner Grants are:
- To be considered for an award:
- The proposed supported program must directly serve or support residents who reside within the City of La Porte or La Porte County;
- The proposed program will contribute to impact in one of HFL’s Strategic Focus Areas or responds to an identified community and improve health and wellness need.
- Priority will be given to proposals that:
- Use evidence-based practices;
- Demonstrate a commitment to measurable results;
- If appropriate, encourage collaboration between community organizations.
For more information, visit https://hflaporte.org/grants/