The Auckland Council has launched the Hibiscus and Bays Local Board Facilities Grant to assist with the costs of planning or developing a facility within the Hibiscus and Bays Local Board area.
This could include:
- completing a needs assessment
- completing a feasibility study
- investigation and design
- small building works.
- They welcome grant applications for projects and activities that align to the following priorities:
- Place-shaping, including adding value or making improvements to their community spaces.
- Encouraging the community to be more active through leisure or sporting opportunities.
- Youth activities, including leadership, education and training.
- Inter-generational and age-friendly activities that support participation.
- Artistic and creative opportunities for people and their community.
- Acknowledging their history and showcasing their local heritage.
- Higher priority for eligibility
- are able to leverage local board funding to seek other sources of funding for their proposed project
- have a significant contribution from the applicant (financial, volunteer time, etc.)
- include community partnerships and collaboration utilise and support local volunteer groups
- involve the community by creating opportunities to meet new people and share experiences
- provide a smokefree programme.
- Grant value: $0 – $50,000
The facility grant programme will support activities that:
- promote a healthy and active local community
- provide access to quality facilities for leisure, sport and recreation
- involve their people and give them a strong sense of pride in the look and feel of their local areas.
Types of Projects Funded by the Grant
The grant can be used for:
- sport and recreation facilities
- arts facilities
- community facilities.
What they will not Fund?
- They will not fund:
- the improvement of council facilities or property
- sports fields, as this is covered by the Sports Infrastructure Development Project.
For more information, visit Auckland Council.