Deadline: 31 January 2017
The Humanitarian Innovation Fund (HIF) is currently seeking applications from eligible organisations for its program entitled “Improving Monitoring and Evaluation of Gender Based Violence (GBV)” with an aim to investigate approaches and efforts to best address the significant remaining challenges in this area and stimulate tangible innovations.
Although there can be no single ‘innovation’ to address the diversity of challenges around this issue completely or immediately, approaching problems from the perspective of innovation offers the potential to break down complex issues into actionable challenges, to find new ways to tackle problems, and use new ideas, technologies and relationships to drive solutions.
Grants are available for the following GBV innovation challenge:
- Measure the Impact of GBV Programmes: proposals to evaluate the impact and quality of existing or new GBV programmes by developing and implementing different assessment processes and tools, and identifying and monitoring relevant metrics.
- Develop Real-Time Monitoring Tools: proposals to develop tools that easily integrate into the humanitarian system and enable the real-time collection of GBV data during an emergency. The data collected should be reliable and support GBV decision-making and the design of GBV programmes.
The GBV initiative will support organisations with up to £50,000 to explore a bright idea that has the potential to improve monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of GBV in humanitarian contexts.
- Lead applicants can be a:
- Non-profit institution such as a non-governmental organisation
- Public or governmental institution
- Academic or research institution
- Private companies. NOTE: Private companies must be partnered with one of the above.
- The Lead applicant must:
- Have legal status and be registered in the country(s) in which the project will be carried out.
- Not act as an intermediary but the directly responsible for the preparation, management and implementation of the project proposed.
- Present signed audited financial statements and reports from the past three years.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, visit http://www.elrha.org/hif/funding/gender-based-violence-gbv/exploring-new-ways-improve-monitoring-evaluation-gbv-interventions-humanitarian-settings/