Deadline: 19 June 2016
The High Commission of Canada in Malaysia has launched 2016-2017 call for proposals for its Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) to fund small but visible, high impact, results-oriented projects that are proposed and implemented by local NGOs and other grassroots organizations.
- Championing inclusive and accountable governance, peaceful pluralism and respect for diversity, and human rights
- Promoting gender equality and empowerment of women and girls
- Addressing climate change and enhancing environmental sustainability
- Stimulating sustainable and green economic growth
- Promoting stability and security
- The average contribution is in the range of CAD $15,000-$35,000 for each individual project.
- Larger projects may be considered on an exceptional basis, with appropriate justification for use of funds (to a maximum of $50,000).
- local non-governmental, community and not-for-profit organizations
- local academic institutions working on local projects
- international, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional institutions, organizations and agencies working on local development activities
- municipal, regional or national government institutions or agencies of the recipient country working on local projects
- Canadian non-governmental and not-for-profit organizations that are working on local development activities
How to Apply
Proposals should be submitted electronically via given website.
Note: All project activities must be completed between the date of signature of the Contribution Agreement and February 28, 2017.
For more information, please visit Commission of Canada in Malaysia.