The Hampton Roads Community Foundation (HRCF) is seeking applications for its Special Interest Grants to address specific concerns or interests.
Areas of Interest
The current nine areas of interest are below.
- Abuse Survivors: Sue Cook Winfrey Fund
- Developmental Disabilities: Laura Turner Fund and the Jennifer Lynn Gray Fund
- The Laura Turner Fund and the Jennifer Lynn Gray Fund support organizations and programs that help people with disabilities live better lives. Grants typically range from $1,000 to $2,000.
- Horticultural Education: Julian Haden Gary and Margaret Gary Savage Fund
- The Julian Haden Gary and Margaret Savage Gary Fund supports organizations that promote horticulture education. The fund has a preference for the Fred Heutte Center, Norfolk Botanical Garden and the Virginia Zoo. Grants range from $1,500 to $15,000.
- Mental Health Research: Benjamin R. Brown and Charles G. Brown Funds
- The Benjamin R. Brown and Charles G. Brown funds support organizations conducting mental health research to help people lead better lives. Grants range from $1,500 to $15,000.
- Peninsula Activities: Harry F. Wall Memorial Fund and Mary E. & Curtis M. Chappell Jr. Fund
- The Harry F. Wall Memorial Fund helps high schools on the Virginia Peninsula. The Mary E. and Curtis M. Chappell Jr. Fund supports arts and humanities activities on the Virginia Peninsula. Grants range from $1,000 to $1,200 for arts and $10,000 to $25,000 for high schools.
- Pianos: E.K. Sloane Piano Fund
- The E. K. Sloane fund provides grants to help nonprofit organizations purchase or repair pianos – primarily those for public performance. Preference is given to nonprofit organizations in Hampton Roads. Grants range from $5,000 to $75,000.
- Nonprofits that are tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the federal Internal Revenue Service code are eligible to apply for grant funding. Applicants should have a focus on helping improve life in southeastern Virginia.
For more information, visit https://hamptonroadscf.org/nonprofits/apply-for-a-grant/special-interest-grants