The Human Rights Fund (HRF) is a tool of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands to support activities of civil society around the world with the goal of achieving tangible results in the promotion and protection of human rights.
The HRF is meant to support activities in line with the five priorities of the Dutch human rights policy worldwide:
- Supporting human rights defenders;
- Freedom of expression, freedom of information and internet freedom, including media & journalism;
- Equal rights for LGBTI;
- Equal rights for women and girls;
- Freedom of Religion and Belief.
- Please note that a financial contribution via the Human Rights Fund will not exceed 10.000 EUR per project in order to support a wide range of organisations.
- The project must start in 2022 and finish not later than 2024.
Project proposals need to meet the following criteria in order to be considered:
- Focus should be on at least one of the priority areas of the Dutch human rights policy.
- The proposal should include clear and feasible goals and durable expected results.
- If an organisation has been supported in previous years, projects should have been finished in a satisfactory manner before the start of a new project.
- Proposals must be submitted through a standard application form which is attached to this call.
- Project proposals must be concise. Forms longer than 4 pages in total will not be taken into consideration.
- Please do not send any attachments supporting your application as they will not be taken into consideration.
For more information, visit https://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/latest-news/news/2022/01/06/call-for-applications-human-rights-funds-2022