Deadline: 29 May 2016
The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), in collaboration with the Korea Research Institute for Human Settlements (KRIHS) , is launching a call for research proposals, inviting individual researchers and scholars in Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) countries for its Visiting Scholarship Program.
The purpose of this call is to share knowledge and experiences in the topic of housing and urban development between South Korea and LAC region.
The subject areas of research call are the following:
- Metropolitan governance
- Special economic zone
- Land management
- Financing for the researchers is expected to cover airfare, lodging, and per diem as follows:
- Airfare: Economy class, round-trip
- Lodging: hotel or furnished residence in Seoul or Anyang City during the stay in Korea
- A Per diem allowance
- For a professor or a director general position or above: 84,000 KRW (approx. USD 77 per day),
- For an associate professor or a director position or below: 67,000 KRW (approx. USD 61 per day)
- Applicants from the LAC region can be accredited scholars or professors from institutions of higher learning and advanced academic research or universities, or accomplished government officials with a position of deputy director or higher with a keen intellectual interest and demonstrated academic or professional excellence in the topic of housing and urban development in the LAC region.
- Researchers from regions other than LAC may submit proposals if they have considerable experience and exceptional knowledge of the countries in the LAC region.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their research proposals via email.
Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Commonwealth of Dominica, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela.
For more information, please visit IDB – KRIHS Research Proposals.