Deadline: 14 April 2017
The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is seeking proposals to implement a project on “Scaling-up empowerment through household methodologies: from thousands to millions” in order to build knowledge, skills and expertise at local, national, regional and global levels to upscale household methodologies to empower millions of women, men and rural youth for rural inclusiveness.
The purpose of the call for proposals is to identify, through a competitive selection process, an organisation which will be responsible for the overall programme coordination at global level and the implementation in selected countries in different regions either directly through its subsidiary staff or by outsourcing services to local service providers.
The IFAD funding for this proposal is provided through a grant that will be awarded to an organisation – or a lead organization of a consortium – selected as grant recipient at global level in the amount of up to USD 2,250,000 for the programme implementation.]
The grant recipient will justify the following minimum requirements:
- At least seven years of experience in promoting household methodologies and GALS in various contexts (rural finance, agricultural extension, nutrition, land, youth and men and women in cultural contexts (e.g. indigenous people);
- Current presence in at least two of the three regions, at least fifty percent of IFAD-selected countries with an existing global, regional and national networks (as listed above);
- Track records and references to projects, training deliveries and learning/sharing events in the regions and countries mentioned;
- Knowledge produced and existing communication plan at global and national level such as publications, video reports, webpages, etc. in English and/or French;
- Innovative methodologies during design and implementation of projects/activities;
- Value for money and ratio of co-financing, in cash or in-kind;
- Existence of sustainability plans within ongoing projects/activities and number of scaled-up projects
How to Apply
This expression of interest has to include a one-page cover letter, stating the submitting institution’s:
- Experience in promoting household methodologies and innovative approaches towards gender equality and women’s empowerment with number of years of experience;
- Experience in project/programme coordination and management with number of successful projects;
- Linkages with IFAD operations at all levels, public and private sectors, civil society, academics and practitioners;
- Experience in working at global, regional and country levels with number of regions and countries covered.
Note: Interested institutions are requested to express by e-mail their intention to submit a proposal by Friday 31st March, 2017.
- West and Central Africa (WCA): Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Liberia, Mauritania, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone,
- East and Southern Africa (ESA): Burundi, Comoros, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia
- Near East and North Africa (NEN): Bosnia Herzegovina, Sudan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.