Applications for 2021 grants are invited from organisations assisting families, young people and children at risk. This encompasses key areas of need including domestic and family violence, women’s shelters, refugees and asylum seekers, disability, homelessness, poverty, alcohol and substance abuse, mental health. Requested funding may be to support your existing operations, or for a specific project to expand/improve your impact.
They recognise applying for grants can consume valuable time and divert resources from core activities, so they encourage concise applications. They are looking for applications that:
- meet a compelling need
- demonstrate high social impact
- make a measurable difference.
They use the following model to understand and assess the potential to make the greatest difference to people’s lives for the money spent.
- IMPACT100 Sydney North gives at least one major grant of $100,000 each year.
There are many benefits in applying for an IMPACT100 Sydney North grant.
- Applicants may find new avenues of funding as a result of undergoing the review and selection process.
- Members may chose to give separately to non-profits they learn about through IMPACT100.
- Members might volunteer, give pro-bono advice and assist in various ways.
- Their semi-finalists and finalists in particular benefit from raised public profiles, potentially attracting additional funding.
- Any media coverage will also take these organisations to a wider audience.
- have Income Tax Charity endorsement from the Australian Taxation Office
- have Deductible Gift Recipient Item 1 status
- have been operating for at least 36 months
- operate in the Greater Sydney region.
They want their grant money to target a specific need with specific measurable goals.
- It is expected the grant funds will be expended within 12-24 months.
- IMPACT100 Sydney North has a Management Committee made up of donor members which calls for and reviews all applications and makes recommendations for funding to be approved by Australian Communities Foundation as Trustee.
- They have a strong preference for organisations with an operating budget of under $5 million. Applications from organisations with an operating budget over this amount will be accepted at the discretion of the IMPACT100 Sydney North Management Committee.
- Reasons for the rejection of proposals will not necessarily be given.
- If your organisation is shortlisted by their members, you will be invited to provide additional information and host a site visit (virtual or in-person TBC), and if you are selected as a Finalist, give a presentation to their members (virtual or in-person TBC).
For more information, visit http://www.impact100sydneynorth.org/grants/