The Arlington Commission for the Arts is seeking applications for the Individual Artist Grant for individual artists to address its investment in arts infrastructure. As you apply for support, consider the ways in which your work helps to further the vision and values of Enriching Lives.
The program funds innovative, new projects that:
- Increase access to and engagement in the arts.
- Foster artistic excellence of arts in Arlington
- Have significant impact on the community and advance cultural equity in Arlington
- Result in distinctive, high quality and meaningful cultural experiences in Arlington
Enriching Lives also aligns with the following goals set forth in the Policy for the Support of Arts Organizations and Artists:
- To create a climate within the County that is conducive to the growth and development of Arlington’s artists and arts organizations through public and private support.
- To foster the development of excellence and diversity in the arts, ensuring that a varied program of cultural activities is available to satisfy the interests of Arlington’s citizens.
- To guarantee to all Arlington artists and arts organizations an open and fair policy which assures equal access to County arts resources
- To encourage development of public/private partnerships in support of the arts.
- The FY 2022 Individual Artist Grant is a competitive program that supports individual artists with grants of $7,500 in direct financial support.
To be eligible to receive a FY 2022 Individual Artist Grant, an applicant must:
- Be a practicing artist who has:
- publicly given, performed or exhibited works at least twice in the past three calendar years, or
- has written or composed works read or performed at least twice in the past three calendar years;
- Be a legal resident of Arlington County for at least one year prior to the application deadline;
- Be seeking funds for a specific project that results in the provision of an artistic product or service that benefits the public; and,
- Be at least 18 years of age.
For more information, visit https://arlingtonva.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/43/2020/12/IA-Grant-Guidelines-FY-2022FINAL.pdf