IKP Knowledge Park, along with the Biotechnology Research Assistance Council, IKP Trust has launched Call III of the ICO-Fund to nurture innovations that are ready for production to fight the COVID-19 situation.
Through this endeavor, IKP and IKP Trust will be working with entrepreneurs, corporate(s) and government agencies to contribute in the management of the COVID-19 pandemic. They are looking for ready to deploy solutions to Fight , Control and Eradicate COVID-19.
Through this endeavor, IKP and IKP Trust will be working with entrepreneurs, corporate(s) and government agencies to contribute in the management of the COVID-19 pandemic.
They are looking for ready to deploy solutions to Fight , Control and Eradicate COVID-19.
The third call for proposals supported by IKP Trust, BIRAC and AWS will identify and nurture technological innovations that focus on Strengthening Health Systems and Managing Efficiencies.
The ICO-Fund will enable the selected entrepreneurs to develop and refine their solutions for rapid deployment in the market through expert mentorship and connecting with relevant commercial partners to aid the accelerated development, scale-up and distribution of their solutions.
Proposals with Technology driven Innovation are invited in the following thematic areas:
- Patient Management:
- Better triaging solutions for optimal use of beds, oxygen supply and ventilators in Tier 1 & Tier 2 cities (e.g. a real time live portal to access information on bed occupancy, ICU & ventilator availability, availability of medications etc. across hospitals & cities)
- Telehealth, Home care with a special focus on mental health issues that have resulted due to the Covid-19 pandemic, especially towards positive mental health and mental wellbeing
- Digital technologies and Remote monitoring, to assess lung health and coagulation profile of Covid patients in addition to SPO2, HR and temperature; solutions that can assess / track post-Covid complications – as in lung health and coagulation disorders
- Solutions providing better access to qualified medical advice for home care in Tier 3 & Tier 4 towns
- Clinical Decision Support Ecosystem (screening, diagnostics and surveillance tools):
- Faster, affordable, point of care and non-invasive diagnostic tests for Covid-19
- Biomarker-based immunity tests
- Surveillance mechanisms for newer variants of Covid-19
- Solutions involving retinal scans to gauge vasculature and related health parameters amongst Covid patients and survivors
- Impact on Community:
- Technologies and logistics support that help students, employees & organizations get back to schools and work places
- Behavioural interventions in school settings, shopping complex and other public places for greater compliance to Covid appropriate behaviour
- Immunity enhancement products
- Upcycling and recycling of products to reduce dependency on supply chains
- Futuristic innovations for Covid management:
- Ambient air quality indicators (specifically measuring bacterial and viral load, be it in offices, hospital settings, auditoriums, malls etc.)
- Innovative processes for boosting immunity (for e.g. Custom engineering immunity cells)
- Indicators of immunity status of an individual. (For e.g. Immunity passport)
- Non-invasive modalities of prevention and treatment for Covid infections (Sustained release vaccine / vaccine patch, nasal sprays / inhaler type devices etc.)
- Solutions using AI & Blockchain in Healthcare
- The financial assistance will be a combination of grants and / or a soft loan.
- IKP will help connect with large manufacturing companies that will help the innovations be produced at deployed at scale.
- They plan to select candidates, who will be eligible for an initial rapid funding of up to INR 30 Lakhs each for a maximum period of 6 months(up to 18 months for proposals under futuristic technologies) to develop a solution that is ready for manufacturing/deployment.
- Amazon Web Services will provide Cloud Credits to those who need it, along with technology mentorship to enable Cloud services around the innovation. The financial assistance will be partly in the form of grant-in-aid and partly as funding against revenue sharing.
- The fund is open to Indian Companies / Companies registered in India, with production ready solutions.
- This Call for Proposals is open to start-ups and SMEs.
For more information, visit https://ikpeden.com/funding/