The Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley is seeking applications for its International Institute Funds to improve the quality of life for all residents in the Mahoning Valley.
The advisory committee of the International Institute Funds considers both general grants and mini-grants during the same cycle. The same application form is used for both grant opportunities.
- General IIF Grant Focus:
- The IIF funds organizations, within Mahoning and Trumbull counties, that focus on promoting the interests in and understanding of foreign born people.
- Mini-Grant Focus:
- The International Institute Funds also offers mini-grants ($500 or less) for organizations, within Mahoning and Trumbull counties, that seek to preserve and promote cultural heritage. This includes, but is not limited to, music, dance, art, food and education. However, mini-grant funding cannot be used for general operations or to sponsor/underwrite an event.
- Mini-grants will be made in the amount of $500 or less.
- Organizations eligible to receive grants from the Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley are those determined by the IRS to be public charities.
- This encompasses most charitable, scientific, social service, educational and religious organizations described in § 501(c)(3) of the tax code, as well as government entities and public schools.
- Organizations that are not public charities may apply through a fiscal sponsor. Activities proposed by the requesting organization must directly benefit residents of Mahoning or Trumbull Counties (or the surrounding area).
- Grants may cover organizations’ programmatic, general operating, or capital needs.
For more information, visit https://www.cfmv.org/grants-scholarships/apply-for-a-grant/