Deadline: 5 April 2020
The Advanced International Training Programme (ITP) is designed for a mix of professionals within public organisations, civil society, universities or companies qualified to participate in land related processes at different levels and hold positions in their home organisations, to initiate and manage processes of change.
Land valuation (or real estate appraisal) is generally described as the process of developing an opinion of value for real estates. The course will focus on definitions and methods designed to estimate market values and facilitate the processes for land compensation and taxation.
Secured land ownership rights are key elements for sustainable development. The control of land and its use is a major task for governments and legal systems. An impartial public sector is a prerequisite for effective land governance and sustainable land use.
This ITP supports and encourages land administration authorities to create and establish platforms and dialogues amongst land stakeholders for the practical implementation of the often very well-defined intentions provided in different national land policies. By doing so, the service delivery in these areas would improve trust for land management amongst the citizens.
The programme includes aspects such as organizational integrity, improved cooperation, and awareness of the role of public servants with regards to land management. Furthermore, aspects of gender equality, human rights, corruption prevention and sustainable development permeate the entire programme.
The programme strives to achieve concrete and effective results through change projects aimed at organizational and institutional change as well as enhanced knowledge and skills.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The main purpose of this programme is to strengthen capacity of public institutions in the area of Land Management, particularly concerning the ability to effectively deliver services that would enhance people’s, and in particular women’s, land rights in a participatory and transparent manner.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The purpose is also to develop competence of participating strategic individuals to carry out necessary reforms and organisational changes in the public land administration authorities. Also, the ITP is structured to create an environment for cooperation and partnership between different stakeholders with the aim of contributing to wider societal change processes in the participating countries.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Impact: To contribute to good land governance and increased trust in land administration authorities through improved integrity and delivery of quality services to all men and women, particularly the poor.
- Land administration authorities have included measures to strengthen land rights for all including men, women and the poor people.
- Land administration authorities have taken initiatives to strengthen their organisational integrity.
- Land administration authorities have taken initiatives to improve the cooperation with other authorities and with different parts of the civil society.
During this fourth year of the ITP programme, the overall theme or subject is entitled “Land valuation”.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Three weeks in Sweden
- The training will focus on the ITP goals and the selection of a suitable change project per country within the course subject.
- Intermediate period
- This phase relates to the implementation of intentions stated in the road map from the former phase.
- Regional Phase
- At the conclusion of the course, all participants will convene again to present achieved results and share challenges and experiences.
All training will be in English.
The programme has a regional approach to promote land governance collaboration between countries in eastern Africa. The following countries are invited to nominate candidates: Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. The total number of participants is limited to 25 per course (5 participants per country).
- It is strongly recommended that each country, in their application, propose a mix of participants representing both central and regional governance, municipalities and civil society.
- It is particularly important that all participants have a strong interest in gender issues and adopt a human rights-based approach (especially with regard to women’s access to and control of land, and harmonization between customary and statutory land tenure systems).
- Each country’s candidate nomination should reflect an approximately equal number of women and men . All applicants should fulfil the following criteria:
- Have an interest in institutional development and be involved in the land administration process on national, regional or local level.
- Have a leading or senior position in their organization.
- Have a university degree in relevant fields or similar knowledge acquired in another way.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.
The programme will be organised and conducted in English, without any translation. All applicants must be fluent in English.
Applications should be submitted by e-mail at the address given on the website.
(Ad) How will you feel when you view grants for all countries around the world? fundsforNGOs Premium has a World Map of Grants that offers open and live grants for all the countries in one single view. Click on any country, and you can view the latest grants updated in real-time. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3bpCOoO