The Low-Value Grant Goal
- Support the strengthening of the judicial independence and promote a system of appointment and promotion based on objective criteria of merit and qualifications as a key factor in ensuring the independence of the judiciary.
- Analysis of the current system of professional evaluation of judges and the impact on judicial independence. The analysis should take into account the work already done by the working group of the Supreme Court and best international practices.
- In close cooperation with the judicial community propose the system of appointment and promotion based on objective criteria of merit and qualifications of judges.
- In cooperation/discussions with the civil society organizations, relevant stakeholders propose the criteria/tools/mechanisms for external evaluation of judges, which might be used by civil society organizations to arrange effective, transparent monitoring of the performance of the courts based on the objective criteria.
- The maximum allowable budget is up to USD $20,000.
- The contracts will be awarded in the Kyrgyz Republic Som (KGS) based on the official United Nations USD-to-KGS rate applicable on the date of the project proposal submission.
- The evaluation of the project budget will be performed based on estimated costs and expected outcomes ratio.
- Analysis of the current system of professional evaluation of judges and the impact on judicial independence is conducted.
- At least 1 proposal on the system of appointment and promotion of judges is submitted.
- At least 1 set of criteria/or 1 tool/or 1 mechanism on external evaluation of judges is elaborated.
- The whole Kyrgyz Republic.
- Civil Society Organizations, Non-governmental Organizations and/or non-governmental legal entities established and registered in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Proposals from a consortium of two or more non-profit organizations established and registered in the Kyrgyz Republic shall be accepted.
- All Consortium members – Low-Value Grant Applicants shall be legal entities established and registered in the Kyrgyz Republic as non-profit organizations in accordance with the current legislation.
- The Applicant shall submit the project proposal on behalf of one of the organizations authorized by the consortium member organizations to represent the consortium, with all subsequent commitments to its members and the Grantor.
- There would be an asset if the Low-Value Grant applicant have proven experience working with judicial system;
- The project proposal is composed in strict accordance with the format; the information provided is complete, accurate and clear.
- The Low-Value Grant will be awarded by the Grant Evaluation Committee to a winner(s) based on the results of the eligibility assessment:
- quality of the project (details of the application, clarity of concept, compliance of activities with goals and objectives, the optimality of implementation mechanisms, focus on practical and concrete results);
- realism and feasibility of the presented project budget (cost justification in terms of scope and type of activity, achievement of expected results);
- the presence of relevant experience in the subject matter of the grant application;
- quality and thoroughness of the monitoring and evaluation tool.
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=81024