The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection is providing funding to support anti-poverty groups to organise local, regional or national activities to promote awareness of the UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty and to mark this day in 2020.
Each year the Department provides funding for small public awareness initiatives to promote awareness of the UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty and support the work of the Irish 17 October Committee in networking with the groups responsible for the various commemorative initiatives and projects nationwide.
The United Nations theme for 17 October 2020 is: “Acting Together to Achieve Social and Environmental Justice for All”
“In 2020 a collective awareness is growing: they share the Earth and they all have to answer for the environmental impact of their actions. They also know that they all have a responsibility for enabling each person to live in dignity and to take part in this construction.”
- Total funding available for this initiative is approximately€48,500.00. The maximum amount of funding which can be awarded to any one project is up to €3,000.00, with a limitation of only one proposal per organisation under this initiative.
Once-off initiatives with a national, regional or local focus and aim:
- to create public awareness of the UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty;
- to create public awareness of poverty in Ireland;
- to involve people at risk of,or experiencing poverty;
- to express solidarity with the fight to eradicate poverty globally
- This funding is open to anti-poverty organisations and groups working with people experiencing poverty at national or local level in the Republic of Ireland.
- The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection will NOT accept applications from profit making or trading companies, individuals, local and community development companies, local authorities or statutory bodies or any bodies outside the Republic of Ireland.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/30OehGR