Deadline: 1 June 2020
The International Women’s Forum (IWF) is currently seeking applications for the 2020-2021 Fellows program for Advancing Women Leaders.
The Fellows Program is the Leadership Foundation’s signature leadership development program. Now in its 26th year, the Fellows Program accelerates the careers of top-performing women through world-class leadership training and mentoring from executive women leaders. The approach is holistic and focused on the participant’s personal and professional development, career path, and trajectory, while embracing the value of an outside perspective.
Launched in 1994 with seed-funding from the U.S. Labor Department as a direct result of the Glass Ceiling Commission, the program annually convenes approximately 35 Fellows from around the world for a total of 20 days. Executed in partnership with Harvard Business School and INSEAD, the Fellows Program offers customized leadership training for female senior executives on their path to the C-suite that is academic, behavioral, and technical.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
What Makes the Fellows Program Special?
- The program convenes approximately 35 Fellows from around the world for a total of 20 days, comprised of three separate sessions. It is executed in partnership with INSEAD and Harvard Business School. The Fellows Program offers creative, multidisciplinary training aimed at developing leadership and strategic management capabilities.
- In addition to leadership training, Fellows are matched with an IWF member who serves as a mentor and coach during the program year. Through the mentoring experience, participants gather personal insights and advice from women at the top of their field. Fellows also take part in IWF’s annual World Leadership Conference, which brings together 850+ female executives from more than 40 nations
- To amplify the impact of the program, Fellows are responsible for implementing a Legacy Project that applies the skills learned in a relevant way. Previous Legacy Projects include: a career conference series aimed at female university students in Mexico, a breakfast roundtable for women in the U.S. military in Washington, D.C., and mentoring circles to foster a pipeline of women leaders in the aviation industry.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- $30,000 USD
- One week of orientation, including Fellows Program kick-off training and participation in the 2020 IWF World Leadership Conference in Detroit, Michigan.
- Two weeks of customized training at INSEAD and Harvard Business School.
- Mentor visits.
- All meals and accommodations.
- All course materials.
- Transportation not provided (ground & air travel)
- Each year, the Leadership Foundation selects a geographically, culturally, ethnically and professionally diverse group of women. The Leadership Foundation seeks candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Considered change agents within their organization and community
- Possess the ambition to push to the highest levels of their career and the desire to lift as they rise with regard to legacy and mentoring
- Substantive professional/work experience and significant direct accomplishments
- Strength of character, motivation and commitment to goals
- Superior intellectual ability, as evidenced by academic history and distinctions, and recommendations
- Have the capacity to both contribute to and gain from the Fellows Program
- Intention to participate fully in all activities and training components associated with the Fellows Program, as well as a commitment to the Legacy Project Criteria.
For more information, visit https://www.iwforum.org/fellows_program
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.