Deadline: 1 December 2017
The Japan Foundation is accepting applications for its Grant Program for Intellectual Exchange Conferences that is designed to encourage the deepening of mutual understanding and establishment of closer relations between Japan and other countries through global intellectual exchange.
This program provides grants to partially cover expenses for implementing international intellectual collaborative projects, such as international conferences.
- Travel expenses (international airfares and other transportation expenses, daily allowances and accommodation fees)
- Honoraria (for presenters, lecturers, interpreters, etc.)
- Other expenses (for venues, equipments, materials, public relations, etc.)
International intellectual collaborative dialogues such as international conferences, symposia, seminars, and workshops, where the themes must address to challenges that concern both Japan and other countries and participants from Japan must play a significant role in the dialogues.
- Some examples of the eligible themes are aging population and low birth rate, environment and energy, influence of science and technology on society, cultural diversity and multiculturalism, democracy and governance, and role of culture in diplomacy and international relations. Themes that involve the sharing of information and experience gained from the Great East Japan Earthquake, disaster prevention, reconstruction and restoration, and community redevelopment are also eligible.
- For art and cultural projects (e.g., performing arts, workshops, and demonstrations) implemented overseas by dispatching artists and Japanese culture specialists from Japan
- For intellectual exchange projects with the 10 ASEAN countries
- For Policy-oriented U.S.-Japan Intellectual exchange projects
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the applications via given website.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, the Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia , Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Republic of Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Republic of Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, United Republic of Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Guam, American Samoa, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Yemen, Yugoslavia, Zambia, Zimbabwe
For more information, please Intellectual Exchange Conferences.