The Community Foundation for Lancashire is seeking applications for John Laing Charitable Trust Fund to make grants under the sectors it operates.
- Priority will be given to projects that support older people and to small grassroots groups with low incomes.
- The panel prefers to fund sustainable projects that have a long term benefit and that can really make a difference in their community.
- The panel will also consider projects that are addressing the impact of the COVID pandemic, provided they meet the broad focus of the fund.
- Community regeneration which should include charities benefitting the aged
- Disadvantaged young people (aged 4 – 18)
- The maximum grant available is £1000 and the total budget for this round is £10,000
Examples of the sorts of projects that may be funded:
- Equipment for luncheon club
- Activities for older person’s group
- Projects to reduce social isolation for vulnerable groups
- Equipment for youth club
- Activities for young people
- Training for volunteers
- Furniture and equipment for supported accommodation project
- Advice and counselling projects
- Skill building sessions for homeless people
- Projects for young carers
- Voluntary or community groups with a constitution or set of rules in the group’s name, which includes CICs and social enterprises
- Which areas are covered: Lancashire wide covering all boroughs.
For more information, visit https://lancsfoundation.org.uk/funds/john-laing-charitable-trust-fund