The U.S. Embassy N’Djamena, in collaboration with the Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM), is pleased to solicit proposals via the Julia Taft Refugee Fund that address low-cost gaps in refugee protection and assistance in Chad.
- Minimum Award Amount: $5,000;
- Maximum Award Amount: $25,000.
Types of Activities
Activities may include:
- Improve mental health of the refugee community.
- Build a playground for refugee children.
- Start an income-generating cooperative for returnees.
- Support livelihoods training and sports programs.
- Support a transit center for unaccompanied minor refugees and asylum seekers.
- Provide a shelter for women and girls who are survivors of gender-based violence (GBV).
- Support a vocational training program for refugees.
- Train refugees in gardening and running small businesses.
- Support an income-generating project and provide health care to disabled residents.
- Support an urban refugee training and girls’ empowerment project.
- Provide legal assistance to refugee-operated businesses.
- PRM’s Julia Taft Refugee Fund is intended to meet gaps in refugee assistance by issuing grants to local NGOs for quick impact projects of up to $25,000 that are not addressed by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), International Organization for Migration (IOM), other international organizations (IOs), or non-governmental organizations (NGOs) receiving U.S. government funding.
- The Julia Taft Refugee Fund is intended for projects that include a target beneficiary base of at least 50 percent refugees or returnees.
- Exceptions can be made in some regions with “populations of concern” to PRM, such as internally displaced persons (IDPs), vulnerable migrants, and stateless persons.
- Applicants must be a registered organization (e.g.: NGO, community-based organization; faith-based organization). Local NGOs will be given priority over international NGOs.
- The fund is not meant as an emergency fund.
For more information, visit https://td.usembassy.gov/call-for-proposals-julia-taft-refugee-fund-for-fy-2021/