Deadline: 12 September 2016
The KR Foundation is currently accepting applications from eligible organisations on its thematic area- Sustainable Behaviour.
The mission of KR Foundation is to help provide answers to, stimulate mind shifts about, and encourage action on, the long-term challenges posed by current and future generations living on a planet with finite resources, fragile ecosystems, and climate change.
The Foundation will especially consider funding for initiatives that explore novel ways to create and accelerate behavioural change, and that have the potential to change consumption patterns at a systemic level. This could include, for example, initiatives that focus on:
- Promoting sustainable behaviour; for instance, by changing incentives, creating infrastructures, and shifting the architecture of choice
- Countering wasteful consumption; for instance, by supporting conscious, “mindful” or ethical consumption
- Supporting sustainable behaviour change in relevant target groups; for instance, amongst children, young people, or “millennials”
- Bringing research and insights from social and behavioural sciences into the political debate and decision-making
Size of grant
KR Foundation’s grants typically range from DKK 0.5m to DKK 5m.
- Non-profit organisations working with advocacy, communication, and behavioural change are eligible to apply.
- In general, the following activities are eligible for funding:
- Activities that address root causes, are scalable and have an international perspective
- Activities that have a holistic and interdisciplinary approach, including activities that aim to change mindsets and behaviour
- Activities that have convening power, facilitate cooperation between key stakeholders and help to link existing research and knowledge to action
- Activities that help catalyze desired political processes at an international level and support new leadership (top-down approach) as well as activities aiming to communicate and create awareness (bottom-up approach)
- Activities having the potential of contributing to transformative and systemic change, and challenging conventional wisdom by exploring alternative and creative approaches
How to Apply
A brief Letter of Inquiry (LOI) should be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit KR Foundation Grant.