The La Caixa Foundation is accepting applications for its Art for Change Program to build a better and fairer society, providing more opportunities to those who most need them.
Art is clearly a driver of change and improvement in society. Art for Change ”la Caixa” sets out to help to run art projects involving active participation by people in situations of vulnerability in order to give them a voice, equal conditions and opportunities and make them visible in society through participation in a creative process.
They support facilities, institutions, cultural organizations and artists that wish to carry out art projects that involve people in a vulnerable situation or from a specific environment or district, with the aim of helping to transform society. At the same time as fostering aspects of personal development, they can also help these groups to become involved in creative art projects that contribute to the regeneration of local districts and communities and enhance social harmony.
- The Art for Change call aims to support facilities, institutions, cultural entities and artists who want to develop artistic projects that involve participation of groups in vulnerable situations or people from the same environment or neighborhood, with the aim of favoring processes of social transformation.
- Through these creative processes, participants are offered the opportunity to enter in contact with art and culture, under equal conditions and opportunities, and contribute to the Art for Change – Call 2021 empowerment of individuals or groups, as well as the regeneration and improvement of co-existence in neighborhoods and communities.
- A grant of not more than 25,000 euros gross to carry out the project. The contribution for each of the approved projects, it may not exceed 75% of the total cost of the project, and this percentage will be equivalent to an amount not exceeding 25,000 euros in application concept.
Line of Action
- Promotion of activities related to the plastic arts, photography, music, literature and stage arts as a resource for personal development and social inclusion.
- Encouraging the active role of participating groups and professionals from the world of culture in activities of a social nature.
- The facilities, cultural institutions or entities applicants also must meet the following requirements:
- Be legally constituted as cultural facilities, institutions or entities non-profit.
- Have been registered in the corresponding registry with an antiquity minimum of one year at the time of submitting to the call (except for the Public Administration bodies).
- Be domiciled in Spanish territory.
- To contemplate, among the institutional objectives of the entity, the realization of activities related to the theme of the call. In this sense, no those facilities, institutions or entities may be submitted to the call cultural activities whose institutional objective is to carry out activities of a social nature and / or assistance.
- Be up to date with tax and labor obligations
- The artists applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Have your residence in Spain.
- Be registered as self-employed from the beginning of the project and throughout its development
For more information, visit https://fundacionlacaixa.org/en/art-for-change-call-helps