Light a Single Candle (LASC) Foundation has launched a call for applications for the 2020 International Grants Program.
Projects to be funded will address one of the following Light a Single Candle Focus Areas:
- Food support, security, and sustainability: this may include emergency feeding and starvation relief; subsistence farming, backyard farming, or soil improvement initiatives; sustainable and regenerative food programs (ie…aqua farming, greenhouse gardens, beekeeping, fruit tree planting, and baking).
- Social Entrepreneurship & Micro development: food-related community-based initiatives that address poverty, increase income, teach new skills, provide training, and create individual, family, and community economic opportunities.
- Poverty relief: Development of individuals, families, and communities toward self-determination and an improved standard of living. (ie…access to clean water and improved sanitation practices; housing development, animal husbandry).
- By personal invitation from Light a Single Candle.
- The recipient organization must be a not for profit USA based 501 (c) (3) public charity as defined by the Internal Revenue Service code.
- Projects to be considered must be located within the following countries: Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, or Nicaragua.
- Recipients must have staff and/or partners on the ground and include the local community in the project development and implementation.
Organizations they do not fund
- Light a Single Candle Foundation does not fund schools, churches, healthcare entities & initiatives, governments or governmental agencies, for-profit organizations, individuals, or any non-501(c) (3) USA based charitable organization.
About Light A Single Candle Foundation
Light A Single Candle is a private foundation dedicated to the relief of poverty through effective partnerships that target:
- Food support, food security, and food sustainability
- Microbusiness and economic development
- Development of individuals, families, and communities toward self-determination and an improved standard of living.
They believe the need for food and economic sustainability is basic to all poverty solutions. They are motivated by faith in God and values-based initiatives and programs but are not limited to the support of faith-based partnerships.
For more information, visit https://www.lightasinglecandle.org/apply-for-grant/international-grants/