The Maine Community Foundation is inviting applications for the Maine Expansion Arts Fund 2020 to support indigenous, ethnic, or rural arts programs or projects, particularly those that serve areas with limited access to arts events.
The Maine Expansion Arts Committee seeks to support small rural, ethnic, and indigenous arts organizations and projects, particularly those that serve areas with limited access to the arts.
This program will give priority to organizations that:
- Develop and promote the arts of their own communities, using local artists and other resources rather than importing art and artists from outside the region or state;
- Cooperate and coordinate with other organizations and programs, within or outside of the arts;
- Have local support (financial or in-kind donations) for the proposed project
- Serve artistically under-served areas.
- The maximum award is sized up to $5,000.
Types of Support
This program will offer:
- General support grants to small rural, ethnic, or indigenous arts organizations for ongoing arts programming and operational needs;
- Project grants for new or expanding arts-based projects or programs with a rural, ethnic, and/or indigenous focus;
- Capacity-building grants to support activities that will make small rural, ethnic, or indigenous arts organizations stronger, more successful, or more efficient.
- Nonprofit, charitable organizations tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and also classified as an organization described in sections 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2)
- Public schools
- Public agencies working for the State of Maine
- Indian tribal governments (or political subdivisions) recognized by the Department of the Interior
- Groups without any tax status may apply with a fiscal sponsor that is an eligible organization
- Applicants must have an annual operating budget of less than $250,000.
- Schools and school districts are not eligible to apply.
- If your project involves partnering with a school or school district, a letter of support from an official of that entity is required.
- Grants will not be made for endowments, scholarships, or annual appeals.
- Grants cannot pay for program expenses that have already been incurred.
- Grants may not be re-granted through a competitive process.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/31gzCI1