Applications are now open for the Martin M. Sacks Memorial Fund Grant.
The Martin M. Sacks Memorial Fund, a fund of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities, was established in 1984 in memory of Martin M. Sacks, a well-known accountant and handball devotee. Mr. Sacks was committed to supporting nonprofit organizations that provide programs and services for the disadvantaged and underserved, particularly youth.
- The Martin M. Sacks Memorial Fund invites established 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations to submit proposals to support youth and family oriented programs and services that are consistent with the mission of your agency.
- Grants are awarded to eligible nonprofit organizations serving the south central PA counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, and/or Perry Counties.
- Preference will be given to programs and/or services that are provided to or within Harrisburg and the immediate surrounding areas.
- The committee seeks to support innovative activities that directly benefit at-risk children, youth, and their families.
- This opportunity is available to nonprofit organizations serving the south central PA counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, and/or Perry Counties. Preference will be given to programs and/or services that are provided to or within Harrisburg and the immediate surrounding areas.
- Eligible activities may include (but are not limited to):
- Services for homeless women and their children
- Therapeutic counseling services
- Domestic violence and abuse services
- Support groups for individuals or families
- Physical, emotional, or behavioral health services
- Sports and recreation programs
- After-school programs
- Services for children/youth with special needs
- Proposals should:
- Be innovative and not duplicate existing programs and services
- Empower the disadvantaged and underserved
- Be collaborative in nature
- Demonstrate measurable and achievable outcomes
For more information, visit https://www.tfec.org/grants/the-martin-m-sacks-memorial-fund-grant/