The Mary S. and David C. Corbin Foundation is currently seeking applications for its 2020 grant program to help enrich the lives of the people of Akron and Summit County, Ohio.
The Corbin Foundation areas of interest include:
- Arts and Culture
- Civic and Community
- Human and Social Services
- Medical Research
- The Foundation makes only “qualifying distributions” as defined in the United States Internal Revenue Code.
- Organizations eligible for grants are charitable organizations exempt under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) and governmental entities for public and charitable purposes.
- Those organizations exempt under Code Section 501(c)(3) should also be exempt under Code Section 509(a)1 or 509(a)2.
- The Foundation gives primary consideration to the City of Akron and Summit County, Ohio charitable organizations and/or local chapters of national charities located in the Akron and Summit County, Ohio areas; however, all requests will be reviewed.
The Foundation does NOT generally fund:
- Annual fundraising campaigns, sponsorships or special events
- Faith-based organizations/religious endeavors
- Ongoing requests for general operating support — although some repeat grants are made
- Operating deficits
- Organizations which, in turn, make grants to others
- Private, non-operating foundations
Grant Submission Format
The Foundation has an online application form to guide organizations in preparing and presenting their proposals. To this end, all applications must be submitted via the online application portal system in order to be considered. You will be able to save your application and log back in at any time to review or make changes to it.
- Online Proposal Form Availability: Each year, the online proposal form for each deadline date will become available at least two months prior to the application due date. For instance, the online form for proposals due on March 1 will be available by January 1.
- Online Proposal Receipt: Upon receipt of your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If additional information is needed, you will be contacted.
- Proposal Review: Grant proposals are reviewed by the Grants Administrator and decisions made by The Foundation’s Trustees during their May and November quarterly meetings.
- Proposal Decisions: If Corbin awards a grant to your organization, you will receive a letter enclosing the check by the end of May for proposals submitted under the March 1 deadline, and by the end of November for proposals submitted under the September 1 deadline. If your proposal is declined or deferred, you will be notified by email or hard copy letter by the end of May for proposals submitted under the March 1 deadline, and by the end of November for proposals submitted under the September 1 deadline
For more information, visit https://corbinfdn.org/apply/process/