The U.S. Mission in Kazakhstan is seeking applications to improve the quality and quantity of media coverage on renewable energy issues in Kazakhstan, elaborate on low carbon commitments and its progress and implementation in the country.
- Increase the amount of qualified accurate reporting on renewable energy in traditional and new media.
- Create a community of at least 50 journalists and bloggers who specialize in reporting on green energy, lowering carbon emissions and other renewable energy issues, who can share information and collaborate on the development of joint reporting projects.
- Strengthen professional capacities of media to fact-check, verify and develop elaborative self-driven analytical articles on topics of renewable energy.
- Increase Kazakhstani target audience awareness and understanding of green energy efforts and preventing consequences of climate change.
- Estimated Total Project Funding: $46,000
- Estimated Award Ceiling: $46,000
- Estimated Award Floor: $25,000
- Length of Project Period: up to 12 months
- Anticipated program start date: September 15, 2021
- The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Organizations may sub-contract with other entities, but only one, non-profit, nongovernmental entity can be the prime recipient of the award. When sub-contracting with other entities, the responsibilities of each entity must be clearly defined in the proposal.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=334913