Deadline: 6 July 2018
Metamorphosis Foundation is seeking applications for “Grants for Civil Society Organizations within the CriThink project” to provide support to initiatives of local civil society organizations in partnership with media and other stakeholders, which will promote creation of culture of critical thinking through promotion of media literacy.
The Critical Thinking for Mediawise Citizens – CriThink project is implemented by Metamorphosis Foundation in partnership with Eurothink, supported by the European Union.
The initiatives ought to be directed toward fulfilling the project’s overall objectives through activities adjusted to the local needs in each of the 8 planning regions. The overall objective of the action is to promote media literacy as basis for safeguarding the right of citizens to hold diverse opinions, via stimulating a culture of critical thinking, pluralism of opinion and democratic values.
Eight grants will be awarded within this cycle, which will support one project in each of the eight planning regions of the Republic of Macedonia.
- To foster a culture of critical thinking via education of the general public on the detrimental impact of media manipulations on democracy and European values.
- To increase capacities of civil society organizations (CSOs) and media to address media manipulations (incl. hate speech) by improving the media literacy levels via joint engagement with state institutions.
- To increase citizen demand for accountable media through public informal education, promotion of professional standards and international practices that protect freedom of opinion and expression.
Small Grants Scheme will support initiatives for stimulating a culture of critical thinking via promotion of media literacy, with the following activities from the indicative list:
- Production of public education contents for the web and/or for the traditional media (radio, TV, print media);
- Promotion of public education contents via various kinds of media;
- Inciting public debate on issues affecting media literacy and critical thinking;
- Engaging citizens to increase their demand for higher quality media production;
- Capacity building of local community members including trainings, workshops and lectures;
- Online promotion via short videos, banners, and other kinds of multimedia contents;
- Enabling citizens to use the competent state institutions/regulatory bodies, as well as self-regulatory mechanisms of journalistic profession to address media manipulations;
- Strategic use of social media to reach wider and/or targeted audiences, including online ads;
- Establishing cooperation and networking between various stakeholders for media literacy advocacy at local and national level.
Applicants can only be local civil society organizations working on basic, grassroots level.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Metamorphosis Foundation.