The Nonprofit Relief and Recovery Program was created to support Missouri nonprofit organizations in meeting critical and emergent needs resulting from the COVID-19 public health emergency and in building organizational capacity for recovery.
The State of Missouri will make available $22 million in grant funds through the CARES Act* for eligible Missouri nonprofits directly impacted by the public health emergency, with priority given to those serving at-risk populations in the areas of: homelessness prevention, job training, food insecurity and basic needs, at-risk youth services, childcare, and academic/educational support. The grants will allow nonprofits to continue providing community safety nets that improve quality of life and lead to economic and community stability.
- The maximum grant request is initially limited to $250,000. Grant funds will be made available to awardees through reimbursement upon verification of eligible expenses. DED reserves the right to grant funds in excess of $250,000 if funds remain available.
- Eligible applicants include nonprofit organizations:
- Located in Missouri; and,
- Holding a 501(c)(3) IRS tax exempt designation, excluding hospitals and hospital foundations, schools and post-secondary education institutions and foundations; and,
- Registered to do business as a nonprofit in Missouri and in Good Standing with the Missouri Secretary of State; and,
- Must have been in operation for at least one year as of March 1, 2020.
- Faith-based organizations are eligible upon meeting the following conditions:
- Organizations may not engage in inherently religious activities, such as worship, religious instruction, or proselytization, as part of the programs or services funded under the grant;
- The organization does not require participation in religious services or activities; and
- The organization does not, in providing services, discriminate against participants or prospective participants on the basis of religion or religious belief.
For more information, visit https://ded.mo.gov/content/nonprofit-relief-and-recovery-program