- Grants can be made for up to 10,000 USD.
- Larger grants may be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Partnerships or coalitions of two or more groups can request up to 20,000 USD.
- Led by young women of color (transgender and cisgender), and trans, queer, gender nonconforming, and intersex young people of color under 35
- Led by and for communities directly impacted by the issues they focus on
- Have an intersectional gender justice lens
- Have a total organizational budget under $500k
- Groups do not need 501c3 fiscal sponsor status to apply.
Restrictions on Applying
- They only fund within the United States and U.S territories, including American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. They do not make grants to for-profit organizations or individuals. Groups may not be granted more than once within a 12-month period.
- BIPOC Youth Leadership: Young women of color (transgender and cisgender), and trans, queer, gender nonconforming, and intersex young people of color under 35 are in leadership and decision-making roles. There is by and for leadership of communities directly impacted by the issues you are responding to. This criteria is for both your group/organization AND the specific work you are applying for.
- Gender Justice: Your political analysis shows how the issue(s) you’re responding to is connected to patriarchy, transphobia, homophobia, gender inequity, or gender-based violence. This criteria is for both your group/organization AND the specific work you are applying for.
- Rapid Response: Your proposal is a time-sensitive response to an immediate and unanticipated movement-building threat or opportunity that requires your group to significantly pivot from your ongoing and regularly planned work.
- Community Power Building: The strategies and activities in your proposal strengthen the organizing and movement-building power of your communities. In addition, these strategies and activities directly lead to the overall goals of your proposal.
- Organizational Need: Organizations must have a budget under $500,000 to be eligible to receive a Mobilize Power Fund grant. In addition, they prioritize groups and organizations based in areas with limited access to philanthropic resources and that do not have access to 501c3 status or fiscal sponsorship.
For more information, visit https://www.thirdwavefund.org/mobilize-power-fund.html