Deadline: 27 July 2017
The Medical Research Council (MRC) jointly supported by the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC), the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), are seeking applications for “Technology Touching Life (TTL) Networks” to foster interdisciplinary research into innovative, and potentially disruptive, technological capabilities that will drive world-leading discovery research in the health and life sciences.
The purpose of this call is:
- To support a number of complementary community networks focused on TTL research challenges and opportunities
- To stimulate and grow interdisciplinary connections around different aspects of TTL, strengthening research capacity, capabilities and methodologies
- To provide, through the networks resources, funding for pump-priming research, collaboration building and skills development (especially for early career researchers)
- To encourage interaction and engagement between researchers and potential end users in academia, industry, healthcare and other sectors.
- MRC, BBSRC and EPSRC have jointly committed up to £3m for this call, with a view to supporting up to 6 multidisciplinary networks.
- Proposals may range in scale but should not exceed £1m.
- Awards will be between 36-48 months in duration to ensure that the funding for feasibility studies can be allocated and spent during the lifetime of the award.
The network Director (Principal Investigator) must be an eligible UK-based applicant from an institution eligible to receive Research Council funding.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: United Kingdom
For more information, please visit MRC-BBSRC-EPSRC.