Deadline: 15 June 2016
The UK Medical Research Council (MRC) and the Dana Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia (DIPI) is currently inviting applications for its Joint Call for Health Research on Infectious Diseases with an aim to support basic biomedical research in health areas of importance to the Indonesian population, which will lead to future health benefits in Indonesia, particularly for the poorest and most vulnerable in society.
This call for collaborative proposals will require applicants based in Indonesia and the UK to work together in partnership on research projects.
- Dengue, dengue-like illness and other vector-borne diseases
- Avian Influenza
In total, up to £3m will be made available for this initiative: up to £2m from the MRC and up to approximately £1m (20bn Rupiah) from DIPI.
- This call will fund partnerships between UK and Indonesia based researchers working in the area of Infectious Diseases of relevance to Indonesia.
- For support under this call, applicants must be eligible to apply for funding from their respective country’s funding agency:
- For the UK participants, standard RCUK eligibility criteria as described on the RCUK website will apply.
- Research Organizations that are eligible to apply to the MRC, for example MRC Units and Institutes may apply to this call.
- Applicants must be Indonesian citizens and hold a permanent or fixed-term contract in an eligible university or research institute in Indonesia.
- Contact between the Indonesian PI and UK PI prior to the application is essential. This contact should lead to a clearly defined and mutually beneficial research project proposal. Please note that DIPI & MRC will not be able to assist in locating an Indonesian or UK collaborator.
- Applications cannot be accepted from Principal Investigators in commercial organizations.
- Applicants must be competent in oral and written English.
- The Indonesian applicant’s employing organization must be willing to agree to administer the grant.
How to Apply
Full applications must be submitted by UK PI’s on behalf of both UK and Indonesian PIs to MRC via the Je-S application system via given website.
Eligible Countries: United Kingdom, Indonesia
For more information, please visit UK-Indonesia Joint call.