Deadline: 4 August 2016
The National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), an agency of United States of Agriculture is seeking applications from eligible organisations for a program entitled “Water for Agriculture Challenge Area” with an aim to support research, education, and extension work by awarding grants that address key problems of national, regional, and multi-state importance in sustaining all components of food and agriculture, including farm efficiency and profitability, ranching, renewable energy, forestry (both urban and agro-forestry), aquaculture, rural communities and entrepreneurship, human nutrition, food safety, physical and social sciences, home economics and rural human ecology, biotechnology, conventional breeding and including both conventional and organic food production systems.
Through this support, AFRI advances knowledge in both fundamental and applied sciences that is important to agriculture. It also allows AFRI to support education and extension activities that deliver science-based knowledge to people, allowing them to make informed practical decisions.
- Water Availability for Diverse Agricultural Uses: The Right Water for the Right Place and Time
- Understanding Decisions and Behaviors Connected with Agriculture and Post-harvest Processing Industry Water Use
- Understanding the Human Health Impacts to Exposure from Nontraditional Water Used in Agriculture
Funding Information: The amount available to support the AFRI program in FY 2016 will be approximately $350 million.
- New application: This is a project application that has not been previously submitted to NIFA.
- Renewal application: This is a project application that requests additional funding for a project beyond the period that was approved in an original or amended award.
- Resubmitted application: This is an application that was submitted previously to NIFA but not funded.
- State Agricultural Experiment Station
- Colleges and universities (including junior colleges offering associate degrees or higher)
- University research foundations
- Other research institutions and organizations
- Federal agencies
- National laboratories
- Private organizations or corporations
- Individuals who are U.S. citizens, nationals, or permanent residents
- Eligible institutions do not include foreign and international organizations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their application packages electronically via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit this Water for Agriculture Challenge Area.