Deadline: 14 October 2019
The Nagao Natural Environment Foundation (NEF) is inviting applications for its Research Grant Programme to support academic and scientific research that will deepen knowledge of the nature conservation in developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
With the aim of strengthening research capacity of young researchers in that region, grants are available only for individual researchers, but not for groups/teams, to enhance their skills, knowledge, and experience through their own research work.
The maximum grant size in this programme is 500,000 Japanese yen per project for a maximum duration of two year.
- expendables necessary for field survey and analysis (e.g., sampling gear, reagent, etc.);
- local travel expenses for fieldtrip (e.g., accommodation, food, transportation, etc.);
- reference materials (e.g., article, book, etc.);
- limited wages and labour costs necessary for proposed research; and
- other expenses only when the NEF Secretariat approved.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
An applicant must:
- be a national of developing country in the Asia-Pacific region (mentioned below);
- be a researcher/scientist, who works full-time or is enrolled in a doctoral course, conducting research at a research institution or relevant organization in one of the target countries listed below;
- have sufficient experience and skills in conducting and managing the proposed research;
- be able to communicate in English;
- not have another application to the NEF; AND
- not have another on-going research or publication project funded by the NEF at the time of application submission.
A proposed research project must:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- be a scientific research contributing to the NATURE CONSERVATION of the country where the applicant currently works or studies;
- put its main focus on LIVING ORGANISMS;
- be carried out in the country where the applicant currently works or studies;
- involve fieldwork for collecting data;
- be applicant’s own research work (team projects are ineligible.);
- achieve its objective(s) and submit reports within one to two years as scheduled; AND
- be exclusively funded by the NEF Research Grant Programme, or co-funded with the applicant’s institution.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit: a completed application form and a recommendation letter via email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Palau, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Vietnam.
For more, visit http://www.nagaofoundation.or.jp/e/research/research.html
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.