Deadline: 14 October 2019
The Nagao Natural Environment Foundation (NEF) is inviting applications for its Research Grant Programme to support academic and scientific research that will deepen knowledge of the nature conservation in developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
With the aim of strengthening research capacity of young researchers in that region, grants are available only for individual researchers, but not for groups/teams, to enhance their skills, knowledge, and experience through their own research work.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The maximum grant size in this programme is 500,000 Japanese yen per project for a maximum duration of two year.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- expendables necessary for field survey and analysis (e.g., sampling gear, reagent, etc.);
- local travel expenses for fieldtrip (e.g., accommodation, food, transportation, etc.);
- reference materials (e.g., article, book, etc.);
- limited wages and labour costs necessary for proposed research; and
- other expenses only when the NEF Secretariat approved.
An applicant must:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- be a national of developing country in the Asia-Pacific region (mentioned below);
- be a researcher/scientist, who works full-time or is enrolled in a doctoral course, conducting research at a research institution or relevant organization in one of the target countries listed below;
- have sufficient experience and skills in conducting and managing the proposed research;
- be able to communicate in English;
- not have another application to the NEF; AND
- not have another on-going research or publication project funded by the NEF at the time of application submission.
A proposed research project must:
- be a scientific research contributing to the NATURE CONSERVATION of the country where the applicant currently works or studies;
- put its main focus on LIVING ORGANISMS;
- be carried out in the country where the applicant currently works or studies;
- involve fieldwork for collecting data;
- be applicant’s own research work (team projects are ineligible.);
- achieve its objective(s) and submit reports within one to two years as scheduled; AND
- be exclusively funded by the NEF Research Grant Programme, or co-funded with the applicant’s institution.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Applicants are required to submit: a completed application form and a recommendation letter via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Palau, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Vietnam.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more, visit http://www.nagaofoundation.or.jp/e/research/research.html