Deadline: 13 August 2017
The Niwano Peace Foundation (NPF) is currently seeking applications for its 2017 Grant Program to build a world of peace and coexistence. The Foundation makes grants in order to provide active encouragement for activities undertaken in a religious spirit and conducted in such a way as to invite broad social participation.
The Niwano Peace Foundation was chartered in 1978 to contribute to the realization of world peace and the enhancement of culture by promoting research and other activities, based on religious spirit and serving the cause of peace, in such fields as thought, culture, science, and education.
The amount which one applicant can apply will be up to 9,000 USD.
- Social activities based on religious spirit: Activities for individual and community welfare and peace, both physical and spiritual, based on a religious spirit that emerges from for God, Buddha, or other universal spiritual reality.
- Grass‐roots activities deployed in a local community: Activities to vitalize communities through interdisciplinary workshops and meetings with particular emphasis on collaboration by groups and individuals from diverse organizations and religious groups.
- An application may be made by either an individual or an organization.
- Nationality is not a criterion for eligibility.
- Any group which has been in continuous existence for a reasonable length of time is eligible to apply, whether or not it is legally incorporated.
- Practical activities, short‐term or long‐term, directly related to peace building.
- Activities which stimulate activities not only in one’s own field but as well in other fields and can be creative and pioneering models for realization of peace.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, visit http://www.npf.or.jp/english/grant/guidelines_application_forms/