The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Justice Programs (OJP), Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) seeks applications for funding of the Census of State Courts (CSC). The CSC will provide a complete census of all state and local trial and appellate courts and information on their staffing and types of cases.
The CSC is a 36-month program with the goal of identifying a comprehensive list of the nation’s state municipal, trial, and appellate courts and providing representative statistics about the staffing of and cases heard in those courts.
Through a cooperative agreement, the recipient of funds will be responsible for working closely with BJS on the CSC to:
- develop and test a data collection instrument,
- update the existing frame of courts, including identifying municipal courts,
- field the CSC, and
- conduct data cleaning, analysis, and delivery of raw and final datasets.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $750,000
- Award Ceiling: $750,000
- Award Floor: $375,000
- Private institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Small businesses
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=340103