The Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control – CGH is pleased to announce applications for its Sustain and Accelerate a Comprehensive HIV Response in the United Republic of Tanzania under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The approach used in this NOFO is to provide rapid, flexible support to accelerate evidence based HIV prevention and treatment program implementation, as well as aligned health systems strengthening activities, in the United Republic of Tanzania. Core areas will include the entire continuum of HIV care, including prevention, identification and linkage, treatment, retention, and viral suppression.
Goals and Priorities
Goals and priorities include the following:
- Achieving primary prevention of HIV infection through activities such as expanding confidential counseling and testing programs linked with evidence-based behavioral change and building programs to reduce mother-to-child transmission;
- Improving the care and treatment of HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and related opportunistic infections by improving STI management; enhancing laboratory diagnostic capacity and the care and treatment of opportunistic infections; interventions for intercurrent diseases impacting HIV infected patients including tuberculosis (TB); and initiating programs to provide anti-retroviral therapy (ART);
- Strengthening the capacity of countries to collect, use, and share surveillance data and manage national HIV/AIDS programs by expanding HIV/STI/TB surveillance programs and strengthening laboratory support for surveillance, diagnosis, treatment, disease monitoring, and HIV screening for blood safety; and
- Developing, validating, and/or evaluating public health programs to inform, improve, and target appropriate interventions, as related to the prevention, care and treatment of HIV/AIDS, TB, and opportunistic infections.
- Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding: $ 35,000,000
- Total Period of Performance Length: 5 year(s)
- Expected Number of Awards: 2
- Government Organizations:
- Political subdivisions of States (in consultation with States).
- Non-government Organizations:
- Alaska Native health corporations;
- Tribal epidemiology centers;
- Urban Indian health organizations;
- Nonprofit with 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education);
- Nonprofit without 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education);
- Research institutions (that will perform activities deemed as non-research).
- Colleges and Universities;
- Community-based organizations;
- Faith-based organizations (FBOs);
- For-profit organizations (other than small business);
- Small, minority, and women-owned businesses;
- All Other.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=329077