The grant is designed to provide financial relief to Oakland County non-profits who have suffered revenue loss or increased expenditures attributed to COVID-19, which has resulted in a reduction in net income in 2020.
Non-profits normally rely on various fundraising activities to provide the necessary funds needed to not only provide assistance but to cover administrative costs as well. To control the spread of COVID-19, social distancing guidelines were implemented in March 2019 which caused the cancellation of the vast majority of those events, depriving the agencies of previously budgeted funds.
The Oakland Together Non-Profit COVID-19 Economic Impact grant will provide grants that non-profits can use as a replacement for net income losses in 2020.
- The applicant must have tax-exempt status under Section 501 C 3 of the US IRS Code;
- The applicant must be physically located in Oakland County and providing the majority of their services to Oakland County residents;
- The applicant must demonstrate business interruption due to COVID-19, including reduced revenue of at least ten per cent.
Application Eligibility Pre-Screen Questions
Are you eligible to apply? You must be able to answer YES to the following questions in order to proceed with the grant application.
- Does the applicant have tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the US IRS Code?
- Is the applicant organization physically located in Oakland County, Michigan, and providing the majority of services to Oakland County residents?
- Can the applicant demonstrate a Revenue loss of at least 10% because of COVID-19?
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/35rli2H