Deadline: 1 September 2017
The Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad) is inviting research institutions and research organizations based in the Sub-Saharan Africa to submit applications for funding to increase research-based knowledge of high quality on poverty alleviation and sustainable development informing development policies, development programs, private sector investments, the general public and further research. The main desired outcomes would be:
- Increased production of high quality research in Sub-Saharan Africa with intended impact on poverty reduction and sustainable development.
- Increased and effective dissemination of research-based knowledge to policy makers, relevant stakeholders and the public.
- Strengthened capacity of research institutions and research organizations in Sub Saharan Africa.
- Global health
- Business development and job creation
- Climate change, renewable energy and environment
- Humanitarian efforts
- Approximately 35 mill. NOK per year is made available under this call.
- Norad plans to support a total of 4-6 institutions/organizations for a period of 3-5 years.
- The annual amount applied for to Norad should normally be in the range of NOK 4 – 6 million (approximately USD 0.5 – 0.7 million). The budget must be specified and justified.
- Types of organizations: Research institutions and research organizations in Sub-Saharan Africa can apply. The term research institutions and organizations includes institutions and organizations which finance or conduct research, or synthesize research and ensure policy uptake and use of research based knowledge to promote development and alleviate poverty, e.g. research institutes, think thanks, research councils and research consortia. The applicant must be registered as a legal person.
- Commercial actors, consulting firms, individuals, universities and higher education institutions cannot apply.
- Capacity, quality and competence: The applicants must be able to document the competence and capacity to implement agreements of this size. This includes research competence, administrative competence and financial management.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
Eligible Countries: Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Gabon, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South-Africa, South-Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, The Central African Republic, The Ivory Coast, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit Norad Call for Applications.