The Nordic Culture Point is seeking applications for its Culture and Art Programme to support Nordic cooperation within art and culture.
The programme grants support to projects within all areas of art and culture, in all project phases: preliminary work, production, presentation and dissemination. However, you cannot apply for funding for activities which have already been conducted.
You can apply for support for projects that invest in cultural and artistic productions and creative work as well as to organise and implement projects that develop skills within the field of art and culture. Support can be granted for all types of costs that are directly associated with the project.
For example, the projects may entail:
- creation or dissemination of works, projects and initiatives that require a creative process
- creation of meeting places between artists/cultural bodies and the public
- development and dissemination of knowledge and/or work methods
- organising discussions and debates, as well as seminars and workshops
- You can apply for support for all phases of a project, from preliminary work to implementing a full-scale project. The amount applied should be reasonable considering the scale of the project. The larger the amount applied for, the larger the requirement for self-financing from, for example, other funding bodies. Co-financing is considered a key part of the project’s conditions.
- Projects can be granted:
- up to EUR 7,000 with full financing
- up to EUR 40,000 with at least 30% co-financing
- up to EUR 100,000 with at least 50% co-financing
You cannot apply for funding for:
- tours with already existing works or productions
- running costs of institutions or other activities
- basic financing of projects which run for several years – such as ongoing costs for an annual festival
- productions of works without the active involvement of partners other than artists themselves, e.g. solo performances or album recordings.
- film and TV productions, productions of computer games nor book publishing.
- projects that are part of an education or training course
- commercial activities that aim to generate a financial profit
- projects outside the artistic or cultural area, for example, sports events.
- projects which have already started before the decision on support by them has been approved and dispatched
- activities that have already been completed. At the earliest, activities that are supported by the programme may begin 10 weeks after the application deadline.
- Everyone who is active within the field of art and culture can apply, provided that the project fulfils the programme’s criteria and the cooperation includes partners from minimum three countries, of which at least two are Nordic, that is, either Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Finland, the Åland Islands, the Faroe Islands and/or Greenland.
- Applicants can be:
- organisations, institutions and companies
- It is neither necessary for the the applicant to live or work in the Nordic region. Furthermore, it is neither necessary for the person or members of the group to have Nordic nationality, as long as the Nordic dimension of the project is fulfilled in other ways.
For more information, visit https://www.nordiskkulturkontakt.org/en/grants/about-the-grant-programmes/culture-and-art-programme/