The Northern Grampians Shire Council is pleased to announce Community Grants Program to support locally-based projects that can demonstrate a positive impact on health, wellbeing, and community participation.
Council is seeking applications from community not for profit organizations and groups that:
- encourage healthy eating
- promote active living
- improve mental wellbeing
- prevent physical violence and related injury
- support early years development (0-12 year olds)
- reduce waste and community environmental initiatives
Amount: Up to $5,000.
What projects will be funded?
Council will consider projects, initiatives and/or activities that:
- Are inclusive and encourage participation
- Are responsive to current needs of the community
- Can demonstrate project planning and articulate what the project is set to achieve
- Support community recovery initiatives
All applications must:
- be managed through a legal entity such as an incorporated association, registered business or sole trader
- be able to demonstrate financial viability and competence
- be able to demonstrate a contribution to the project on a 1:1 basis. Your organization must be able to match the grant amount either in cash and/or through in-kind labor and materials
- provide a current financial statement of the organization
- be based in, and provide a direct benefit to the residents of, the Northern Grampians Shire
- not already receive substantial support from Council
- events or activities or construction that have a likelihood of causing damage or personal injury must have public liability insurance (of at least $20 million). Other amounts will be considered where there is no likelihood of damage or injury.
For more information, visit https://www.ngshire.vic.gov.au/Council-Services/Council-grants/Community-grants-program