Deadline: 22 November 2018
Nous is seeking applications for consulting projects that build the capability of organisations to make evidence-based decisions to contribute to positive social, cultural, economic and/or environmental outcomes in Australia.
Nous actively contributes to the work of not-for-profit and community organisations through their Community Partnership Scheme. Through this scheme, they deliver discounted and pro-bono consulting services to organisations that otherwise may not have access to such opportunities.
Types of Project
- Program evaluations that support organisations to rigorously and comprehensively measure and communicate the impact of social programs.
- Strategic planning, review or strategy workshop facilitation that support organisations to understand their operating environment and develop, prioritise and implement strategies to deliver the best possible services to clients.
- Data-driven projects that help organisations analyse relationships and patterns in their data, understand the impacts of different scenarios and inform decision making.
- Other projects that help organisations to make evidence-based decisions that contribute to positive outcomes.
- Nous requires that organisations co-contribute between 25% and 75% of the total market value of projects that are funded through the Community Partnership Scheme. For example, if the total market value of a project is $60,000 then the client is expected to contribute at least $15,000 (25%) towards the cost of the project. The client co-contribution must be a financial commitment; it cannot be an in-kind commitment. Applicants must co-contribute a minimum of $10,000 to the project.
- This partnership approach helps establish a long-term commitment to the project and ensure outcomes are sustained beyond the project timeline.
There are three eligibility criteria for the 2018 Round:
- Criteria one – type of organisation
- To be eligible for the 2018 Round, an organisation must be a non-government, not-for-profit or community-based organisation.
- Criteria two – alignment with focus area
- To be eligible for the 2018 Round, the applicant must submit an application for a project that aligns with at least one of the focus areas listed above (1. Program evaluation; 2. Strategic planning, review or strategy workshop facilitation; 3. Data-driven projects; 4. Other projects that help organisations to make evidence-based decisions that contribute to positive, social, cultural, economic and/or environmental outcomes).
- The Community Partnership Scheme will not directly support projects that fall outside the scope of Nous’ service lines of work, including (but not limited to):
- direct delivery of fundraising events or campaigns (support in the development of these is eligible)
- capital equipment grants and motor vehicles
- purchase of land or buildings
- refurbishment, renovation and fit-out
- core operating costs
- activities which collect funds for redistribution
- overseas appeals
- expeditions or overseas travel
- sponsorships, including sponsorships of conferences, events and festivals.
- Criteria three – ability to co-contribute
- To be eligible for the 2018 round, the applicant must co-contribute funds that total between 25% and 75% of the total market value of the project. The client co-contribution must be a financial commitment; it cannot be an in-kind commitment. Applicants must co-contribute a minimum of $10,000 to the project.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form, via given website.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2qISfCp