The foundation will therefore support innovative, high-quality projects aimed at integrating health elements into social initiatives in Denmark.
The purpose of the post is to inspire social organizations to prioritize and incorporate e.g. healthy eating habits or movement in existing social interventions targeted at children. Focus on eating habits and exercise can be integrated in a positive way for the benefit of physical health, well-being and well-being.
In this connection, the Foundation wants to support collaborations between social actors and actors from the health and prevention sector – and thereby promote health among the most vulnerable groups of children and young people in Denmark.
The call calls for new approaches and collaborations between the social sector and the health sector. The goal is to promote health for the children who need it most. The projects must make a concrete difference for children and young people.
- Support can be applied for projects with a focus on integrating health into existing social initiatives or structures. Projects can focus on developing, testing, implementing and / or evaluating initiatives aimed at promoting health among vulnerable children and young people. Projects can also be new initiatives, where it is important to consider the project’s viability and the possibility of anchoring.
- Projects can work directly with the children and / or with staff, volunteers and adults around the children.
- You can apply for support for the development of methods, initiatives and materials, as well as resources for social initiatives with a focus on integrating health elements among vulnerable children and young people in e.g. associations, social services, leisure activities, summer camps, etc. and for salaries related to the project.
- There is a total of up to DKK 20 million for distribution in 2021.
- Grants of between DKK 1,000,000 and 5,000,000 can be applied for initiatives with duration of 1-5 years.
- Applications that fall outside the financial and time frame will not be processed.
- The project can be an independent, defined project or a clearly defined part of a larger project, which is also supported by other partners.
- The Novo Nordisk Foundation would like more applicants with interests and competencies in the field to apply together in such a way as to create a fertile ground for broad-based and sustainable solutions.
- During the grant period, the main applicant must be a manager or project manager in a non-profit organization in Denmark.
- Projects created in partnerships across the social sector and the health sector will be preferred.
- Private companies cannot apply for support via this call, but may well be partners in projects.
- Any co-applicants or partners must be listed in the application.
- Applicants can apply for support for the following expenses:
- Salary for applicants or project participants associated with the project (at all levels) including project management.
- Salary for consultants associated with the project.
- Operating expenses, such as direct expenses for the development, operation and implementation of the project, including materials and equipment.
- Dissemination of results eg conferences, publications and other knowledge sharing.
- Administrative contribution of up to 5% of and included in the total budget for administrative expenses directly related to the project.
- The fund does not provide support for:
- Commercial activities
- Overhead (such as rent, electricity, water and maintenance)
- If the applicant has applied for or obtained co-financing from another party, this must be stated in the budget.
The administrative support:
- can cover expenses such as for accounting, payment of salaries, purchasing, hiring, as well as auditing and financial reporting on the project
- cannot cover administrative expenses that are not directly related to the project
- can via the host institution be shared between the institutions of the main
- and co-applicant(s), as detailed in the application budget
- is not automatically included in the grant, and must be stated/applied for in the application budget, but should not be specified in detail
- Non-profit organizations can be main applicants of this call. Preferably, social organizations will apply in partnerships with stakeholders from the health sector.
For more information, visit https://novonordiskfonden.dk/da/grants/sundhed-integreret-i-sociale-indsatser/