The Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) in Wisconsin is requesting proposals to provide administration of restoration contracts on NRCS easements.
NRCS easement programs conserve, protect, and enhance the nation’s wetlands, floodplains and other ecosystems. The programs promote the restoration, enhancement, protection, maintenance and management of wetlands and floodplains and adjacent land that contributes significantly to ecosystem functions and values.
Through NRCS easement programs, landowners may receive assistance to install or implement structural or vegetative restoration practices on eligible land. NRCS easement programs provide that the USDA-NRCS may request the services of, and enter into cooperative agreementsto assist in providing the assistance necessary to implement conservation plans under these programs. The agency is directing resourcestoward the restoration of degraded ecosystems acrossthe state of Wisconsin.
The NRCS is requesting proposals from qualified organizations that share a common interest in the conservation and restoration of natural resourcesthroughout Wisconsin.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $800,000
- Award Ceiling: $800,000
- Award Floor: $100,000
- Start Dates and Performance Periods: Projects may be between 1 and 5 years in duration. Applicants should plan their projects based on an estimated project start date of September 30, 2022.
- Number of Awards: The agency expects to make one award.
- Eligibility for this opportunity is limited to the following entity types:
- City or township governments
- County governments
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS (other than institutions of higher education)
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c)(3) status with the IRS (other than institutions of higher education)
- Special district governments
- State governments
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=341290