Nuffic’s Orange Knowledge Programme is a 5 year global development programme, aimed at strengthening professionals and organisations through education and training. It contributes to the goals of the Netherlands’ development cooperation policy, in which education plays a significant role.
It focuses on the priority themes of the Dutch government (Water, Food and Nutrition Security, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights, and Security and Rule of Law) and aims throughout the programme for inclusion, employability and environmental sustainability.
- Personal growth and development services, mentoring, workshops and career development programs such as fostering leadership.
- Strengthening the position and the performance of female students in order to prevent early drop-out, empower female students and enhance the position of female graduates.
- Integrating entrepreneurship education in the curricula of training institutes to empower female participants.
The proposed projects should also focus on and include the following elements:
- Training initiatives and/or activities that seek to increase and enhancing skills of women, therefore training initiatives address specifically the needs of women (or girls).
- Capacity building programmes that address specifically the needs of women (or girls) and designed to empower women and enable them to transcend the limits of society and build themselves a better future.
- Address country-specific needs and capacity gaps prioritising women and/or girls, as intended in the Country Plan of Implementation or country focus document for the selected countries.
- The deployment of local expertise and south-to-south cooperation is strongly encouraged.
- Maximum available funding for this call, excluding co-funding EUR 1,750,000
- Maximum funding per Tailor-Made Training, excluding co-funding EUR 75,000
- Dutch institutions for secondary or higher vocational or academic education or other types of organisations that provide training courses, together with requesting organisations, such as education and training institutions, GOs, NGOs and SMEs.
- The institutions must have sufficient organisational and financial capacity to run a training course. This can be demonstrated using a COCA that is assessed as positive by Nuffic. The organisations must also have demonstrable experience in providing the desired training course.
- This call is open to the following countries:
For more information, visit this link.