Deadline: 10 June 2016
The Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs’ (OES) Office of Conservation and Water at the U.S. Department of State is seeking applications for a program entitled “International Water Cooperation” with an aim to build political will and advance cooperative processes on shared waters where the lack of political commitment/engagement is an impediment to cooperative action on shared waters.
It will improve cooperation over shared waters in regions where water is or may become, a source of conflict. Meeting this goal will increase shared prosperity and regional security.
- Improved cooperative governance structures (i.e. river basin organizations or regional governmental cooperation) with sustained interaction between public governing bodies and basin stakeholders that are inclusive, transparent, and equitable and/or
- Interactive processes emphasizing bargaining, negotiation, and compromise that result in joint problem-solving and sustainably distribute costs and benefits related to basin management and development.
- Mobilizing regional development partner (i.e. donors or multi-lateral institutions) capacities, interests, and objectives towards coordinated, unified, and effective long-term support for transboundary water cooperation and/or
- Reinforcing the benefits of cooperation through collaborative capacity-building activities, shared development projects, and/or mutually-beneficial investments that deliver tangible benefits.
Funding Information: Up to $778,000 in FY15 Economic Support Funds is available for this project.
- Eligibility is limited to U.S. non-profit/nongovernmental organizations subject to section 501 (c) (3) of the U.S. tax code, L3Cs, foreign non-profit organizations, educational institutions, and public international organizations.
- Applicants must supply evidence that they have significant experience working with conflict management and transboundary water cooperation internationally.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their applications electronically via given website.
For more information, please visit International Water Cooperation.