Please Note: If you have a good project to submit but don’t know anyone from Alstom, the Secretariat of the Alstom Foundation may be able to help you identify someone willing to Play the promoter role in support of your project. But finding such a Promoter takes time. Accordingly, the deadline for receipt by the Secretariat of requests to find an Alstom Promoter is fixed at 3 April 2023. No such requests will be considered after this date.
Submissions are now open for the Alstom Foundation’s Project Proposals for the cycle 2023.
The Alstom Foundation focuses on 4 key areas:
- Economic and social development
- The Alstom Foundation has supported initiatives in all these areas whilst also preserving the cultural heritage and natural environment of partner communities. In 2018, it was decided to focus the economic and social development axis to two distinct categories:
- Environmental protection
- The Alstom Foundation supports projects designed to enhance environmental awareness, protect natural habitats and build resilience to natural disasters. This ambition goes hand in hand with Alstom’s commitment towards protecting the environment.
- Access to mobility
- The Alstom Foundation seeks to encourage the economic development of communities by facilitating the movement of both people and goods such that remote and disadvantaged communities may take advantage of local markets, education, health and other facilities.
- Access to energy and water
- 17% of the world’s population has no access to electricity, 9% has no access to sanitation. The Alstom Foundation aims at making a contribution in these domains, helping remote communities to raise their living standards through access to these fundamental facilities.
Role of the Alstom Promoter
- All projects must be submitted by an NGO together with an Alstom employee acting in the role of the Project Promoter.
- The Promoter will work with the NGO to prepare the project file and will validate the file prior to its submission. If the project is selected, the Promoter will assist the Secretariat in monitoring its implementation.
- Each Alstom employee is allowed to support one project submission only per year.
- Furthermore, the Secretariat does not guarantee to find a Promoter for each submission. Promoters are volunteers who will only step forward if a project concept interests them.
- Each submitted project must:
- align with one or more of the Foundation’s key axes
- be beneficial to the general interest
- be located in a country in which Alstom is represented
- be measurable in terms of its outcome and impact on the communities concerned
- be realistic and feasible within the budget and deadlines
- involve local stakeholders and local team/management
- be implemented by a fully competent partner organisation
- be in line with the Alstom Foundation’s Ethics Charter
- Each NGO cannot submit more than two projects.
For more information, visit Alstom Foundation.