The United Nations Development Program (UNDP) is pleased to launch a Call for Proposals from CSO/NGOs Legal Aid Services and Identifying Positive Traditional Practices in North Provinces.
This Call for Proposals (CFP) is specifically related to the UNDP Afghanistan Area-Based Program (ABADEI) for Contracting CSOs/NGOs in Afghanistan Legal Aid Services and Identifying Positive Traditional Practices in North Provinces.
The purpose of this CFP is that the CSOs/NGOs with operational presence – even in the remote areas including districts and villages, namely north provinces, will provide legal assistance (counselling and consultation) to the most indigent and vulnerable populations in Afghanistan and identify positive traditional practices in accordance with the scope and activity description
- The budget should be detailed, complete, rational and realistic, and must not exceed the equivalent of USD$ 78,000 for North region and covers all activities up to 15 Dec 2022.
- Duration: The activities are envisaged to have cumulative duration of 3 months.
Location of Work: The activities are expected to be implemented in North Provinces. UNDP Afghanistan is based in Kabul and all related coordination, collaboration and reporting actives will be located in Kabul, as appropriate and by agreement of the parties. UNDP staff will travel to the relevant provincial offices of the CSO/NGO where the activities are being implemented.
- Interested CSOs/NGOs must meet the following criteria to be eligible for selection. Qualified local CSOs/NGOs are strongly encouraged to apply. The applicant organizations must have the following minimum expertise and experience:
- Be legally registered as a CSO/NGO and in possession of a valid registration certificate in Afghanistan.
- Proven knowledge and understanding on the criminal and civil procedures of Afghanistan based on current status of justice and judicial institutions since 15 August 2022
- Proven knowledge and understanding on the informal justice system/traditional justice in Afghanistan.
- Proven expertise and experience in working on legal aid (counselling and consultation), especially in criminal cases including misdemeanor and felony cases, EVAW cases as well as family and juvenile case
- Proven expertise and experience in capacity building and legal awareness workshops.
- Proven technical expertise and experience in providing legal support to GBV victims
- Proven experience in Monitoring and evaluating legal aid services (counselling and consultation) administration.
- A minimum of 3 years of active CSO/NGO operations with transparency and accountability in financial management systems and procedures.
- A minimum of 3 years of active relevant experience for legal aid and support women rights.
- A minimum of 3 years of active relevant experience in conducting capacity and legal awareness workshops.
- Proven similar / related experience in line with this call for proposal with proven experience in managing similar grant.
- Proven experience of working in North provinces
- Note: Unless full-time engagement of staff is proposed, a full elaboration of part-time engagements must be provided, including an annotated schedule of inputs from each expert by activity, and a detailed description of how the combination of expertise of all positions will fulfill the overall and specific requirements of the requested services and results for the project
- If there is a staff member of UNDP, who has any relationship with the organization, as an owner or relative of the owner or member of the Board of Directors or part of their management team etc., this should be officially notified to UNDP prior to the start of the selection process.
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=94423