The European Economic Area (EEA) financial mechanism programme “Health” 2014-2021 has launched the open call for “Introduction of the adapted and extended model of the provision of youth-friendly healthcare services (YFHCSs)”.
Through the open call “Introduction of the adapted and extended model of the provision of youth-friendly healthcare services (YFHCSs)” (hereinafter – the Call) the Programme Operator seeks to select and support projects that best contribute to achieving Outcome 1 of the Health Programme.
The Call will aim to strengthen the community mental health services and promote the development of the YFHCSs model in Lithuania. To ensure enhanced bilateral relations between Lithuania and the Donor States, projects supported under this call may be prepared and implemented in partnership with entities from Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway.
- The general objective of the Programme is to improve prevention and reduce inequalities in health.
- The Programme will provide support for mental health promotion and prevention measures with emphasis on the well-being of children and youth and their families, primarily through strengthening the community-based mental health services (Outcome 1) and improving the well-being of children and youth (Outcome 2) by establishing clearly defined expected results.
- The minimum grant applied for shall not be less than €200.000,00
- The maximum grant applied for shall not be more than €260.000,00
- Potential Applicants are Lithuanian Republic public authorities (national, regional and local authorities. A state or municipal institution or body – representative, head of state, executive, judicial authorities, law enforcement authorities and bodies, institutions and bodies performing audit, control (supervision), other state and municipal institutions and bodies which are financed from the state or municipal budgets and public monetary funds, and which have been conferred with public administration powers in accordance with the procedure established by the Law of the Republic of Lithuania on Public Administration) and the Municipal Public Health Bureaus (a municipal public healthcare budgetary institution established to perform the statutory public healthcare functions in the municipality).
- Project Partners are Lithuanian Republic and Donor State (Norwegian, Iceland, Liechtensteinian) public authorities (national, regional and local authorities) and the Lithuanian Municipal Public Health Bureaus and equivalent legal persons from the Donor States.
- In this call, the same institution can submit one application only as an Applicant/Project Promoter. Should an applicant submit more than one application, the first submitted application only shall be assessed (based on the date and time of its submission), and all other applications shall be rejected.
- The number of project partners is unlimited.
- Assistance under Programme will be provided to the following activities:
- activities that are necessary in implementing the elements of the Model, that are specified in Clause 7-8 of the Description of the Model for the Provision of Youth-friendly Healthcare Services and of Coordination at National Level.
- activities necessary for the development of previously implemented Algorithm.
- other initiatives that are in line with the YFHCSs definition and criteria specified in Sub-Clauses 4.8. and 4.9. of the Guidelines.
- events, training, studies, surveys and the like that are necessary in introducing the Model in the municipality.
- Financing shall be allocated for projects that contribute to the pursuit of objectives of the Programme and this open call, and that meet the following special project eligibility criteria (all criteria listed below are mandatory for all Projects):
- At least 4 algorithms (listed in Annex 1 to the Guidelines) must be implemented/developed during the Project;
- At least one Personal Healthcare Facility must be involved in the implementation/development of the Model;
- At least 1 psychologist (working at least 0.5 full-time) must be employed or contract for the provision of psychological services for youth must be signed at the YFHCSs Coordination Centre;
- The YFHCSs Coordination Centre shall be established/developed or the coordination and case management functions of YFHCSs shall be introduced/developed;
- Youth Health Online Portal of the municipal level shall be administered during the Project (preparation, publication, updating, an adaptation of information, etc.).
- In the implementation of the project the Applicants shall contribute to the achievement of the following outcome indicators:
- Number of beneficiaries of services provided;
- Level of satisfaction of services provided.
- Applicants shall contribute to the achievement of the following Programme output indicators:
- Number of YFHCS coordinators trained in case management;
- Number of municipalities involved in the implementation of the developed model for the provision of youth-friendly health care services in the 2014–2021 period.
For more information, visit https://www.eeagrants.lt/en/programmes/calls-for-proposals/id/107/program/23