UN Women is seeking applications for Strengthening Response & Service Provisioning for the services of civil society organizations and gender-based violence (GBV) service providers in one of the select states (Punjab or Uttar Pradesh) to strengthen the continuation of service provision and operations to GBV survivors and vulnerable women, including shelters, psycho-social counseling, and legal support.
Gender-Based Violence (GBV) is a violation of human rights and has a grave impact on victims/survivors, their families, and communities, and it remains a major public health and development challenge in India.
- The budget range for this proposal should be INR 13,00,000 to INR 15,00,000 [Indian Rupees Thirteen Lakhs to fifteen Lakhs only].
- Enhanced institutional capacities of governance institutions to prevent and respond to all forms of violence against women
- A mapping study on shelter homes, provisions for psychosocial counseling and legal support by state and non-state-run organisations/ institutions in any one of the select states (Uttar Pradesh or Punjab)
- A Research Report on the effectiveness of service provisioning especially for helplines[state- attached to the One Stop Centers (OSCs) and Non state} along with provision of legal support, psychosocial counselling, and shelter homes
- One Directory on CBOs, women’s groups and government-run institutions with some details on specific service provision components (eg, details of shelter homes, CSOs, provisions for psychosocial counseling and legal support, helplines etc.) for in any of the one select states (Uttar Pradesh or Punjab)
- One handbook on principles of survivor-centric psychosocial counselling/ specific laws and policies on EVAW in any of the one the select states (Uttar Pradesh or Punjab)
- Conduct Workshops and consultations to validate the findings from the mapping study, research findings, Draft Directory of resources and handbook.
- The program will implement activities in the states of Punjab, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh in India. This CfP is looking for a proposed organization who can conduct the activities in the select state of either Punjab or Uttar Pradesh.
- Organizational competencies
- Must have a minimum of seven years of experience in service provisioning for survivors of sexual and gender based violence
- Substantial experience of working with Central Ministries/ State Departments, and other government agencies for implementing programs related to EVAW in any of the one the select states (Uttar Pradesh or Punjab)
- Can be a service provider under the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act or they may be providing services such as connecting to counsellors, shelters, hospitals, law enforcement etc.
- Must have worked closely with one of the state governments (Punjab or Uttar Pradesh) related to strengthening of service delivery for EVAW in the last 5 years
- Substantial experience in delivering research outputs related to EVAW.
- Qualifications and competencies of Team Leader:
- 7 to 10 years of experience in National/State level working with development and implementation projects focusing on women at risk/survivors of violence and gender-based service providers
- Must have Master’s or equivalent degree in the field of social sciences, gender, social work and related area.
- Demonstrable experience in research related to women at risk/survivors of violence is a must
- Demonstratable experience in working in the domain of service provisioning for women at risk/survivors of violence is a must
- Demonstrable experience in advocacy initiatives with Government, women’s groups, CSOs and other key stakeholders on prevention of violence against women is desirable
- Fluency in English is a must. Working knowledge of Hindi is desirable
- Qualifications and competencies of Team Members:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in coordinating projects preferably on Violence against women, Gender Equality and Women Empowerment
- Mast have Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in the field of social sciences, gender, social work and related area.
- Experience in research on gender equality or EVAW is desirable
- Fluency in English is a must. Working knowledge of Hindi and Tamil is desirable
For more information, visit https://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/programme-implementation/2022/05/call-for-proposals-unw-ap-ind-cfp-2022-004-strengthening-response-and-service-provisioning-for-gbv-in-punjab-or-uttar-pradesh